On behalf of all the staff, children, parents and governors, I would like to welcome you to Woodlands Primary School.
Woodlands is a one form entry primary school in Borehamwood that caters for children from Nursery age to Year 6.
We have an afternoon playgroup run by our well-qualified and experienced foundation stage staff for children from the age of 2 years 9 months.
Woodlands is located in a pleasant setting with spacious grassed areas, a playing field and conservation area. We have two playgrounds with up to date climbing frame equipment and an attractive pond area that the children help to maintain.
Our Early Years Foundation Stage children have a stimulating enclosed playground and conservation area with covered hard play and grassed areas.
Teachers and teaching assistants work together to ensure quality teaching and exciting learning opportunities
Woodlands is a very welcoming school with a 'friendly feel’. We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of our pupils and aim to provide the highest quality education for all our children in a supportive, caring and inclusive learning environment. Teachers and teaching assistants work together to ensure quality teaching. We aim to build upon the children's own experiences, providing exciting learning opportunities, through our creative curriculum, that enable our children to flourish and achieve their best.
Woodlands has an active group of parents, governors and other members of the community who regularly help in school, supporting a wide range of activities. WSSPA are an active group of parent fundraisers, who have helped finance many facilities and events at school, through a variety of popular events. All funds raised are fed back into school to benefit all children - so please get involved; feel part of the team and support their excellent work!
Woodlands is a wonderful school in which to learn and work and we are very proud of our school’s achievements. Whether you are already a parent at our school, joining us soon, or just trying to find out about us, I hope that as you browse through our website you will gain an insight as to all that we do and offer.
Miss R Woode
Aims and Visions
At Woodlands Primary School, we believe in the concept of lifelong learning and the idea that adults and children learn new things every day.
We maintain that learning should be a rewarding and enjoyable experience; it should be fun.
We have high expectations of all members of our school community and work together to provide a calm, caring, inspiring and enjoyable learning environment in which each child can develop their skills and abilities to their full potential.
Our curriculum is based upon six key values and stakeholders have all inputted. Please refer to our Values and Ethos page to find out more.
We work together to:
- Provide a tailored, broad and balanced curriculum that challenges and motivates all children, enriching their own life experiences.
- Encourage all children to persevere when faced with challenges and feel confident when facing new situations.
- Develop all children’s skills and desire to be independent, self-motivated learners; preparing them for the next stage in their education.
- Develop children’s confidence and self-esteem by recognising personal strengths and qualities and celebrating/nurturing these.
- Encourage all children to be polite, form positive relationships, celebrate diversity and show tolerance and respect for all members of the school and local community.
- Encourage children to listen and communicate themselves clearly, showing consideration to others and respecting differences.
- Ensure that children are safe and know how to keep themselves safe.
- Develop a positive role for our school within the wider community, understanding the importance of team work and shared responsibility.
For more information on our school, please click on any of the links below:
Woodlands Primary School Privacy Notices
Woodlands is currently updating its privacy notices in line with the government website.